Friday, February 3, 2012

To splurge or save: Makeup.

I'm sure, as a Stardoll member, you have seen the prices in the Starplaza go up. I have been a member since March of 2010, and I have.
I do remember the days when a Hotbuys dress was only 14 Stardollars. I do remember the days when good was cheap.
So I am writing this article about saving, spending, and shopping. Enjoy.
___________________________________________________________________________________
Makeup:
Shadesticks- Save
Shade sticks, I like them. I really do. They are good for blending, and they are a nice addition to any SD makeup collection. But look at the price! 9 stardollars?  They may good for blending, but 9 Stardollars can buy me a whole lot more!
Instead, opt for a eyeshadow!
Eye shadows are only 6 stardollars, and come in a wider color selection. 
On the left eye I applied 4 coats of Killer Carmine eyeshadow. On the right eye, I applied 4 coats of Killer Carmine shade stick. Can you tell the difference? I can't!

Lipgloss- Splurge
LUXE Lip gloss is a very popular item here on Stardoll. I see it in a lot of member's parlors  and I have even purchased it. And to me it has come to great use!
Even though 24 stardollars is a hefty price, you will get a whole lot of bang for your buck! I know it will seem like I am exaggerating but I don't know what I would do without it!
You can trust me, it is worth the  price!
Lipstick- Save
Lipstick is nice, don't get me wrong. But when it comes down to it, half of the lipsticks I bought I never wear.
Instead- opt for changing your doll's lip color in the beauty parlor. It doesn't cost anything, and there is some very flattering colors.

Eye Kohls- Splurge
Stardoll's Makeup limit is, indeed, annoying. I have experinced it first hand.  So when i am trying to a decent makeup look and then I run over the limit. I get mad.
But there is another way....
EYE KOHLS!

C7nt6hkc4soh2n1vddllfmgoxmgjzfdx

The picture on the left shows the makeup look with eye kohl. The picture on the right shows the original look.

It enhances your shadow and can add a bit more of a smokey effect to a smokey eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment