Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Obsessed with Virtual Popularity?

Hello,
So recently I checked into Original Club, and spotted a topic that got me thinking.
I see this a lot in clubs such as Fashion Club,MSW, and so on. But the thing that questions me is why do people care so much for Virtual Popularity?
Yes I guess it's nice to have a lot of friends or to have your username bowed down by other users, but besides that, what more is there to it? I don't think there is anything more.
I wonder why this stuff gets to our heads, I mean after all it is Virtual! If it was in real life there would probably be  more meanings but this is a website we're talking about!
This also goes for when people say "Please vote me covergirl! It's my dream!"
Who dreams about being Covergirl on Stardoll. No one. Not one person on Stardoll actually dreams about being Covergirl or National Covergirl. It's a saying, that maybe worked a long time ago but it doesn't now. Due to the fact that it's now over used [in my opinion]
There are more ways  to try to be classified as a 'Popular' such as having a whole room stacked with LE, DKNY, Hotbuys or all 3. Then having a bunch of people comment in your Guestbook saying " I wish I was like you!"
Same goes for when you make a doll with the title "All my Hotbuys and Rares" you know that someone is gonna comment on it[sooner or later] saying "Nice collection! I wish I had all of those clothes!"
This song really describes the situation I'm talking about:

[Famous  by Play]

Anyway it really amazes me how much Stardoll users strive for attention. Actually in one point or another in our membership on Stardoll we've all thought about Virtually Popular, it's givin.
-Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment