Friday, December 23, 2011

I was the seventh person to own the Daphene Cuff?

Hey Guys,
So today I was looking through my medoll's wardrobe and I found my Daphene Cuff, the one I purchased when the Last Young Hollywood collection was released.
Then I looked at the tag, I was the seventh person to buy it?
With stores like Young Hollywood and LE, I tend to stick with the accessories because they are cheaper and can be more versatile than the clothes. Young Hollywood is certainly not my favorite store out in the Starplaza, if anything LE is much more better in quality and most of the time you can find something you like.
I only purchased the Daphene cuff because  it was  cheap, and cute. I had no intention of being the seventh person to own it. So it came to my surprise that I was the seventh person to buy it.
I can tell it wasn't a very popular item. The second collection of Young Hollywood has been here since September 19th, it's now December 23rd and they haven't been sold out yet. Actually there is still a lot of items in this Young Hollywood collection that haven't been sold out. So if you're wanting to grab a few items from the collection, I suggest you do it now.
Young Hollywood is a store that isn't going to be as hyped as LE, of course it's only in it's second collection and maybe next year or something it could be a big hype or somewhat the items could be valuable. LE was introduced in 2008, and people thought the prices were a glitch since they were so high. Now, when Young Hollywood was released in June of this year, people were used to high prices, especially at items like Hotbuys which were priced at 18-30 stardollars for a dress.
If you  are a new comer to Stardoll and you don't know what Young Hollywood is or LE. Then let me explain.

Limited Edition ( shortened as LE) is a limited store that is released every 3-4 months. Items are limited and prices are high. In the recent collections you can also purchase the interiors of the store. Items are usually very highly desired after they leave the store. Items usually sell out within the first day the store is released. LE was released sometime in fall of 2008. The most recent collection was released December 5th, 2011.
A floor of the most recent " LE Fashion" collection. Taken 12/5/11
In March 2011, LE released LE Decor, another limited store. But instead of Clothing, LE decor offers accessories.  The most recent LE Decor collection was released October 18th ( or 17th, not sure) 2011.

Young Hollywood is another limited store. Items are inspired by "celebs" who live in Hollywood. Like LE, Young Hollywood clothing and interiors are also limited and prices are a bit lower than LE but still high. You can also purchase the interiors of the store for around 50-100 stardollars. Everything in both stores is Superstar only. Young Hollywood was released June 7th, 2011. The second ( and most recent) collection was released September 19th, 2011.
A floor from teh recent collection of Young Hollywood. Taken 9/19/11.


You may ask how do these stores compare. They are comparable because they are both limited. And they both have clothes that are priced very high.

- Sara







No comments:

Post a Comment