Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The post where I follow my old tutorials...

The title sounds like something off of Friends ( a show I never watch ( well a few times.) *cough* Seinfeld is better *cough* )

Today I was watching a couple of my old tutorials, just to pass some time, and I decided to follow the steps on my doll. Knowing that obviously I still have the same makeup.


Minimalistic Chic:
( The tutorial is in the "slideshow" format because Hypercam was messed up and wouldn't work on my computer.)
I followed all of the steps and it came out like this:
I changed the hairstyle to this one so you could see the makeup better. I think it looks better like this =)

 
Light Aurora:
( The tutorial was uploaded with Windows Movie Maker, not Windows Movie maker live ( the one I use to edit my videos now). This is when I lost all of my files back in May. Then two days later, the whole computer crashed.)
Here's the look:
Not exactly dead on, but pretty close to it. My eyeliner is a bit lop-sided.
This tutorial was a bit hard to follow. But I forgave myself for that, because I was using WMM for the third time ( first time with subtitles) and I was a bit freaked out, I had no idea what to do. It was CRAZY!
Also, my doll is very tan in that video, in all of the videos I did with WMM, my doll looked very tan. I'm not sure why...

Peachy Keen:
This tutorial was originally going to be called " End of Summer" but I decided to name it Peachy Keen. The tutorial is probably one of my favorites, besides the fact that it's easy to follow. I just love how I put it together.  This is also the first tutorial to use my previous intro.
Here's what I came up with:
It's not exactly the same, I mean I went a little more extreme with the highlights, and skipped out on the " Spider Lashes", Mole, and earrings. But other than that, the makeup is exactly the same.
=)

Simple Chic:
Ahh my twelfth tutorial. I did this a few days before I headed off to Thunder. At the time I thought it was wonderful.
The song "1986" was not the song I wanted, actually I never heard of it, it was part of Audio Swap's selections.. oh the days when I used Audio Swap...
Here's the remake:

Now in the video, my doll had tan skin. So the peach eyeshadow just blended in with the skintone, but now my doll has pale skin ( well it's not exactly pale, but it's my exact skintone in real life) the peach eyeshadow on the browbone looks a bit silly.


Peacock Inspired:
This tutorial is simple one of my favorites, Lel1996 and StardollConfidential both did Peacock tutorials, but this one is different. This was the last tutorial to use my " Minimalistic" intro. =)
The music playing is my theme music for my intros ( even my newer ones, not my holiday one though) the " Green" intro has the same music, but played on a pipe organ by Martin Prince in an episode of the Simpsons.

Here's my "remake":

Believe it or not, remaking this was very easy. I did skip out on the mole and " Spider Lashes", which were used in the video. But all-in-all this tutorial was very fun to watch and re-make.



Witchy:
The last of my Halloween series. I have to admit, I think this was very creative. I loved doing this!

Anyway here's my "re-make":
I changed the hairstyle for a reason, so you could see the makeup better. I also added a different color of green highlights. The other green was more of a teal/turquoise.
I love how I enlarged the mole. Hehe =)



Natures Beauty ( BOTH LOOKS):
Since there is two looks in this video, I'm going to re-create both of them =D
This video was the first video I used with Hypercam on my new computer. I previously had to use paint and create "Slideshows." Which were hard work. So I was glad when I found out I didn't have to go through that anymore.
Anyway here are the  " re-created" looks:
"Just look at the Sunrise" ( aka look 1) is basically the same thing, but I have to admit, it IS a beautiful look. Reminds me of the Sunrise.
"Cloud Dancer" is amazing, I love how I made it look like a cloud. Since I did both white lengthing and volumising mascaras. I darkened the hair color a bit, just to tone the look down.
Fun Fact: I actually recorded both of these looks four days before I edited it. It was supposed to go up on Friday, August 5th, but I got busy with something and totally forgot. So it was uploaded Tuesday, August 9th.




Purple Night:
Purple Night was the first video I uploaded with Windows Movie Maker. That's why my medoll looks VERY tan.
There is no subtitles, so this is going to be a hard one to follow.
Anyway, here's my "re-make":
The lips look weird, especially with my doll's tone. I guess since my doll looked tan in the video it looked  better.

Anyway that's all for now. I'll do anotehr one of these in a few weeks or months =)


- Sara




No comments:

Post a Comment